Credit Union History
California State Employees No 20 Credit Union was formed in January of 1951. The Credit Union was formed by a group of professors and employees of Humboldt State College. They formed the Credit Union with a desire to assist each other with reasonably priced loans and a good return on their savings. The first Credit Union meetings were located in members’ homes, state offices, and other various public meeting places. The first official Credit Union office was located at 411 W Wabash Avenue, just down the road from our current location.
On January 29, 1979 California State Employees No 20 Credit Union merged with the Federal Employees of Humboldt County Credit Union. The Credit Union then adopted the name California State & Federal Employees Credit Union #20. The cooperative spirit formed over 65 years ago remains an integral part of our philosophy today.
Ray Litchfield – Chief Executive Officer
Bruce Lund – VP Operations
Board of Directors
Barbara Zoellner, Board President
Patricia Sundberg, Board Vice President
Joshua R. Zender, Ph.D., CPA, Secretary/Treasurer
Edward “Buzz” Webb
Annalise von Borstel