Important Information About the Personal Data Your Credit Union Collects, and How It Is Used
California State and Federal Employees’ Credit Union # 20 is committed to provide you with financial products and services to meet your financial goals. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. It describes our credit union’s policy and practices that protect your privacy and enable us to share information to make available competitive financial products and services. If you have any questions after reading it, please contact us at (707) 443-8662 or (800) 440-8662.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of nonaffiliated third parties:
- Financial companies, such as government agencies and insurance companies.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies.
- Others, such as auditors or other government officials as legally required.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not allow these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
If our Relationship Ends—If you terminate your membership with California State and Federal Employees’ Credit Union # 20, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
Confidentiality and Security—We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have specific business purpose to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
California State and Federal Employees’ Credit Union # 20 is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. You can help by following these simple steps:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts, if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.